Subas is a Senior Partner in Oliver Wyman with over twenty years of strategic digital Risk transformation consulting experience including design and implementation of complex solutions covering digital purse to digital identity, risk prevention.
Prior to Oliver Wyman, Subas was a senior Partner at a Big4 Accounting Firm responsible for developing global advisory practice for Financial Services Risk, Controls and Regulatory Technology.
Currently, Subas is also the non-executive Chairman of the International RegTech Association (IRTA) which is the premier non-profit body representing RegTech and Risk IT firms globally.
• Lead the initial design and options analysis of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) for a central bank in European Union. Developing the initial business cases for both Retail and Wholesale options, working closely with the Minister of Finance for public and financial policy considerations.
• A major CBDC programme design and development for a central bank based in the Caribbean. Work included advising on the strategic design and solutions for Retail and Wholesale market outcomes, peg determination of the digital currency with the US dollars and policy impacts. Technology design using a number of top-rated technology solutions.
• Advise a major UK Government department on transformation and migration of ~2000 Finance and IT workforce to an outsourcing service provider based in India and Philippines. Design and delivery of the tax and legal remediation including employment transfer contracts with a minimum 2 years guarantee period, helping to design new performance management standards and communications required.
• Design and validation of Group Compliance operating model for a UK head-quartered G-SIFI, working closely with the group CEO, the group CRO and the group Chief Compliance Officer.
• Conceptualise, design and implement a new data analytics platform for credit analyses and straight-through approvals. Help reduce operational cycle and testing time by 55%.
• Design and implement a controls testing automation platform for the Investment Banking division of a universal bank by using a combination of RPAs and an open-source design analytics.
• Design of an automated client on-boarding and KYC testing digital platform for an European bank to streamline process by 60% generating well over 100m euros cost savings.
• Design the compliance operating model for a digital (FinTech) bank including automated policies and procedures testing.